Tell us your stories! Share a detailed story about the employee you're nominating and something they did that exemplifies three or more of PHL's Community Values.
* Please note that the next quarterly deadline for submissions is June 09, 2023.
- Transcending expectations
- Proactive communication
Employees from across organizations and across functions within organizations can be nominated for awards in the following categories:
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: This award recognizes collaboration and teamwork across organizations that results in strong service delivery and positive experiences for our passengers.
Impression-makers: This award recognizes front-line customer-facing employees, including staff in ticketing, parking lots, checkpoint queues, wheelchair assistance, , concessions, gates, information counters and any other representatives providing direct customer service.
Unsung Heroes: This award highlights employees who don’t typically get the spotlight. While they don’t directly interact with customers, their integrity, courage, and effectiveness majorly impacts the passenger experience. This includes baggage handlers, ramp workers, maintenance personnel, custodians and others working 'behind the scenes' each day.
Safe & Sound: This recognizes employees who protect the integrity and safety of passengers through proactive communication, exemplary teamwork, courage, and effective action, including TSA, CBP, FBI, Airport 20, Fire, Police and Security personnel.
Caring Support: This award recognizes those who provide special care and services to seniors, families with young children, disabled passengers, and others with special needs. These employees make sure travel is smooth, easy, and enjoyable for everyone.
Each selected employee will receive the following:
- A personal profile, featured on “People at PHL” in the phl.org newsroom and the Employee Recognition Program page at phl.org and promoted across PHL’s social media channels.
- A professional headshot taken by the Department of Aviation staff photographer.
- Inclusion on the “People of PHL” ad campaign in the airport terminals.
- An award certificate and related presentation photo opportunity.
- Recognition during the Guest Experience (GX) Stakeholder Council meeting.
- An invitation to a special party/event for award winners (date TBD).
10 to 12 employees will be recognized each quarter. Entries are reviewed by the airport’s Employee Conduct Working Group, which is part of the PHL Guest Experience (GX) Stakeholder Council, led and managed by the GX team.
Please contact the Guest Experience team, at People@phl.org if you have any questions