Employees from across organizations and across functions within organizations, including front-line and behind the scenes, can be nominated for awards in the following categories:
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: This award recognizes collaboration and teamwork across organizations that results in strong service delivery and positive experiences for our passengers.
- Impression-makers: This award recognizes front-line customer-facing employees, including ticketing agents, parking attendants, checkpoint queue managers, wheelchair assistance, security agents, concessions staff and gate agents, information counter staff and other representatives providing direct customer service.
- Unsung Heroes: This award highlights employees who don’t typically get the spotlight. While they don’t directly interact with customers, their integrity, courage, and effectiveness has a major impact on the passenger experience. This includes baggage handlers, ramp workers, maintenance personnel, custodians and others working 'behind the scenes' each day.
- Safe & Sound: This recognizes employees who protect the integrity and safety of passengers through proactive communication, exemplary teamwork, courage and effective action, including TSA, CBP, FBI, Airport 20, Fire, Police and Security personnel.
- Caring Support: This award recognizes those who provide special care and services to seniors, families with young children, disabled passengers and others with special needs. From developing programs to ensure everyone has access to what they need, to providing direct assistance through the airport, these employees make sure travel is smooth, easy and enjoyable for everyone. All employees and contractors working at PHL are eligible.
Nominators must complete the form and share a story about the employee and something they did that exemplifies three or more Airport Community Values. To nominate a deserving employee, complete the form here.
Deadline for Round 3 submissions is February 15, 2022.
The GX Council Employee Conduct Working Group will meet to review applications and make selections on a quarterly basis. Ten employees will be recognized each quarter.
Employees honored through the program will receive the following:
- A personal or team profile, featured in “People at PHL” in the PHL.org newsroom. The article can be promoted across social media channels
- A professional headshot taken by the Division of Aviation staff photographer
- A certificate
- Recognition at the GX Stakeholder Council meeting
Please contact Assistant Director of Guest Experience, Elizabeth Moselle, Philadelphia International Airport at email@example.com or 267-234-4591 if you have any questions.