This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Volunteer Program at PHL. To celebrate, the airport is expanding its program and is seeking dedicated, friendly individuals who enjoy helping others, are interested in travel and hospitality, and love the Greater Philadelphia region.
If this sounds like a perfect fit and you can make a commitment of at least one 4-hour shift every week (between the hours of 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week) for one year, please fill out the PHL Airport Volunteer Interest form.
The Volunteer Program resumes on July 1, 2021. Those interested in volunteering at PHL once the program resumes should complete the volunteer interest form. Selected applicants will be contacted by a PHL representative. The City of Philadelphia reserves the right to determine who will be approved as a volunteer. Please email PHLVolunteers.ContactUs@phl.org.
"The best part of being a volunteer at the airport for me is meeting and helping people from all over the world. I just love being at the airport and with its workers who smile and are proud to be part of the experience of travel and flying."
-Ken, 20 year PHL volunteer
"One Friday , a traveler from England was looking for a way to get to his daughter’s wedding in Kansas City. He had been in the airport since Thursday and the airline couldn’t get him to Kansas City until late Saturday night — after the wedding. I suggested he buy a ticket on another airline’s flight to St Louis where someone could pick him up. He got a refund for his original flight and made sure they kept his return flights in place.
It’s a great feeling to know you have made a difference in what could have been a travel nightmare. Being an Ambassador has been a wonderful and rewarding experience."
-Karen, 15 year PHL volunteer
PHL Volunteer Perks:
- Make New Friends
- Be part of a dedicated airport team
- Become an airport insider and experience the airport behind-the-scenes
- Enjoy discounts at airport food and shops
- Purchase discounted SEPTA passes
- Receive free garage parking during volunteer shifts and while traveling
- Attend volunteer social activities, tours, and field trips
- Volunteer uniform and training provided by PHL
PHL Volunteer Program Requirements:
- Minimum of one, 4-hour shift each week (8am-12noon, 12noon-4pm, or 4pm-8pm)
- One year commitment
- Friendly and willing to assist passengers
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and learn new skills
- Multilingual is a plus